Friday, August 3, 2007

Trends


If you know me that you know I hate trends, one of the reasons I quit skateboarding was because everyone started to do it. But usually I'm one of the last persons to follow them. Meaning that I get into them only when most people are getting out. Anyway I recently noticed that I'm getting more into the hip hop trend. Now we all know that hip hop's been around for a long time now, but I guess you can say that I'm recently getting into the fashion part of it. I listen mainly asian hip hop like EPIK HIGH, 지누션, MC 몽, M-FLO, K DUB SHINE, Midicronica. Just to Name a few recently I found out about RIP SLYME and I've been trying to find more asian Hip Hop to listen to. Anyway as I said I noticed that I started to pay attention more to the fasshion.


I just can't seem to get enough of Nike shoes right now and looking every for a a pair of MJI (Air Jordan 1's) in four different colors. I've been paying more attention to Ecko Clothing and looking online for Bathing Ape clothing. The one thing I can't get into for now are the shiney shoes. For some reason they just look too cheap, I showed a pair to my friend Kimmy and she agreed with me. Actually she said they look kind of childish, like something a kid of about two would wear.

Actually clothing I wear right now isn't that different from what I wear now it's just now there are brands that i'm looking for in paticular, I remember when I went to fill out an application at Corner Bakery and the manager who hired me at the time asked if I skated (as in skateboards, none of that fruit booting for me), I said yes and asked how he knew. He said I was dressed like one. But I was only wearing a pair of cargo pants and my fravoite NYU hoodie. Anyway the point is he classified me just by my cloths and was right, which is one of the reasons why I hate trends. Well, my point is.... I really don't have one. I'm just saying that I'm buying a lot more shoes (mainly NIkes) that I actually need and trying to match the rest of my cloths with my shoes. I'm such a lame.

1 comment:

kei said...

I have a good friend who's really really into BAPEs, like it's his lifestyle. When you're head to toe in bapes, it's kinda cool. I like Nikes a lot, too. Do you know the store St. Alfred's? They're kinda snobby, but cool.