Sunday, August 3, 2008

KBO

One thing that i've been doing which really makes me a touris is buying anything that I can that says Korea. I've already been to Dongdaemun, Myundeong, Apeondong. Which are really famous shopping locations in Seoul but i haven't been able to find anything from KBO: Korean Baseball Organization. Which totally surprises me, almost everywhere you go you see peolple wearing MLB team hats espically San Francisco Giants which i recently got before i left from chicago. They have a department called MLB where they sell these hats (which i think are fake) but no KBO. When i ask for KBO they look at me like i'm crazy and say with a thick Korean accent "M-L-B". "ANI" i have to say back, then L G Twins, Busan Giants and they understand. While most of the sales men try to help me locate a place to find KBO products, they ask their managers. Which always seem so unimportant to them. They don't even look at the sales guy and just shake their heads no.

With the help of another friend (Hidy) i found out yesterday that baseball season was over and that today would be the all star game. She even told me which station i had to get off, any i decided to go to the stadium to look around. She had told me that the game started at 6:30pm. I got there at 3:30 and there were a lot of people already there. From my apartment i could see the stadium but never knew what it was. I thought it was a circus becasue it looks like a circus tent. Anyway i went and i was able to find the hat i was looking for. thinking it would be similar to a sox's or a cubs game i walked around because i wanted to see if i found someone selling jerseys. I didn't find any. so I got my hat instead which costed 49,000 won ($49 U.S.) because it was a limited edt. for the all star game.


I was glad to see people supporting their own country's sports teams. with it being sunday i couln't change any money because the banks were closed which really sucked because 100 feet away was a bank. with most of my money spent on the hat I only had 20,000 won left, I didn't feel like buying a ticket because i really wanted a jersey instead but I could only get one if i walked into the stadium but couldn't because I didn't have a ticket. I left with only my Incheon Wyverns hat and a free towel from new era.

I first heard of KBO because I saw pics of Bae Doo Na throwing the first pitch at a game.
http://trick1983.egloos.com/1447054



No comments: