Friday, June 29, 2007

Frog River




Actually I've been busy with school. Summer Session is a lot faster than I realized. For some reason the teachers give the midter three weeks before the final which is too close if you ask me. Anyway all the movies I orderd came in last month and I haven't been able to watch them all. But I did see frog river, which I thought was good. It's a short (90min) indie film form the Japan. It's distrubited by a company called Grasshopper which is getting know for distributing indie films. Anyway it's about a guy named Tsutomu (Ryo Kase - 加瀬 亮) who's in an art college and in love with a girl named Mizuno. Anyway, most of the movie is about him trying to hang out with her. His only two friends in the movie know that he loves her and one of that uses it to his advantage. Anyway one of the most interesting aspects is how the director uses Mise en scène (fancey college word they teach in film school), or at least the wardrobe with every character having something written on their shirt that tells you something about the character. Too bad I hate Kanji and couldn't understand what's written on their cloths. Except at the end when they told me when they switched house with end. Although we never see the Mizuno, and of his Friends, Kaori (Machiko Ono - 尾野真千子) is a girl that likes him but he's too obsessed with Mizuno to notice. I thought she was cute in the film, that's why I put up her pic now. It's a good film that I recommend

1 comment:

vadim1k said...

Oh, be good, please, post this DVD on torrents! vadim1k@gmail.com - contact me anyway.