Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 2 in Korea, My Korean Name is 하강호


Today it rained again in Korea, so my plans for a 7am work out with Kimmy and her friend were cancled. I kinda figured a much when I woke up by 4:30 am when I heard lighting. The funny thing is on my first night here I thought I felt the building move in my sleep. Don't ask me how but I sweat I felt the building move while I was sleeping. I woke up as soon as i flet it slapping my hand to the floor. When they started showeing news on TV it said that there was an earthquake in Japan. I thought
maybe i did feel it then. Or maybe, you know how sometimes when someones in trouble and they call out to someone. The other person says that they could feel being called for help. The only thing I would say to that is why would she call out to me.

Anyway back to my 7am workout with Kimmy. Needless to say it didn't happen, she showed up around 7:40 saying that she was late. She woke up when her friend called her at seven saying that she forgot to wake up. Kimmy had asked me yesterday if there was anything else i wanted to do. I asked if "The Good The Bad and The Weird" was playing yet. She called her friend and she said that it was. Later she introdouced me to Eun Young and she drove us around for the day. She took us out for breakfast and then to a department store where they had a cinema as well and we saw The Good The Bad and The Weird.

Kimmy had to go to work soon after so she left me with Eun Young to help her Niece and Nephew with their english. After they introduced themselves and their english names "Leo" asked me if i had a Korean name. (when Koreans start to learn english they are usually asked to pick an English name to help them want to learn) I told Leo my Korean name was 병헌 like 이병헌 because he's one of my favorite actors. Eun Young just laughed and said that I should be 강호 after 송강호. She said because we booth have chubby faces. This morning i was telling the story to Kimmy, and she asked what I said to Leo. I told her Byeong Heon, then she said that I should choose 우성 "I like Woo Seong" she said. Then i told her what Eun Young said and she said that was perfect. And since my last name begins with an H my Korean last name should be Ha. So my Korean name is "Ha Kang Ho"

As for day three there isn't really one, Kimmy helped me get internet so I stayed in all day contacting all my friends and family about how to get in contact with me while i'm here

Hello My Name is Leo
Hello my Name is Annie
Eun Young and Family

No comments: