Friday, July 25, 2008

Korea

well, i've been gone for a while But I'm back again and this time i'm in Korea. I was actually surprised by the flight because we didn't fly over the Pacific as I thought we would. We flew north over canada and then west stright to Russia and then south Over China. We didn't fly over the ocean until we came near North Korea. Also I wasn't as bored as I thought as I was going to be. I ended up watching only one movie because it took me a while to actually use the entertainment systems. I was also surprised at how much food they gave us, we had two meals and a snack. Which were given about five hours apart.
Two hours after takeoff dinner was served. I choose to have the traditional Korean meal, which was better than I expected. I had never had Korean food before. I had Soba Noodles and Bi - Bim - Bab. For the snack they gave a mini sandwhich. And for breakfast I had pancakes with sausage. The only movie I saw on the plain was A Man Who Was Superman - 슈퍼맨이었던 사나이. It was your typical Korean film, it started out like a warm hearted comedy and then it went into a drama with a sad ending. All I will say is "Superman" althought I did find Jeon Ji-hyeon to look more attractive then in other films. Especially when she's Lois Lane.



Afer the plane had landed it was a quick walk through immigration and then customs. Since i'm only staying just shy of 30 days i don't need a visa and nothing to declare I walked right though. I went to baggage calim and then to arrivals. But my ride didn't show up. I heard later from Kimmy that he was on his way, but by then I was already in a taxi. It was a good thing that I changed some money soon after claiming my bag. Kimmy asked why didn't I call but my phone had no service. I ended up buying a new phone yesterday to get service. But spent an hour today deleating all the unwanted pictures, it was a used phone.


On the day I arrived, i went to the apartment that Kimmy had told me about. but since she still had work it was a quick tour along with a quick tour around the are to see where the subway is for travel later, the market where I can get most of my supples but only till the end of August. Then they close for remodeling and last was an eltronics store for my to get an adapator because they use different plus here in Korea. After she left since I had no way to communicate with any of my friends i went near one of th areas where we passed by before. I had seen a templeing looking structure on top of a moutain, at least i thought it was a moutain it could have been a hill. Either way when she left I was bored and I went looking for it and decided to get to the top. luckily for me i found one of the hardest paths to climb not to mention that it was very humid so when I got down I was covered in swet. I went back to the apartment took a shower and called it a night.





1 comment:

spacebar1 said...

Hey chris , it's George. Those are some awsome pics. Korea is so cool. Have a lot of fun!! By the way, what city are you staying in anyway?? Have fun and meet a lot of girls ok!! Just don't get into trouble!