Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tourist for a day


that's right tourist, if you know me personally you know I hate Tourist. But since I went to see a friend there I thought i'd let her show me around the way she wanted to. Althought i have to go back to Seoul becasue I'd really like to see Seoul Action School. I had to take the subway from Incheon to Seoul in order to meet my friend (she's from there but I met her in chicago at school). The first place we went to (in Seoul) was 덕수궁 - Deoksugung


There we saw a changing of the guard, when we started to look around I tried the best i could to take pictures of only the guards. I thought it was kinda foolish to stand next to them and pose. So I just took their pic, there were other touist trying on costumes to wear as they posed. I told Jini to try it one so that I could take a pic of her in it. She said that she would if I did it as well, of course I said no but if I wanted to get a pic of her in that dress then I was going to have to do it as well.So I did and I got the pic but not before we got a pic standing next to the guard. If you're wondering where those pics are don't worry because you won't see them. As we took our costumes off we missed the tour bus.


As we were waiting for the bus we noticed a water foutain across the street so we deicided to walk over and take a look. We saw some children playing in the water (it was a hot and humid day), I thought this was a perfect photo op. So I took a few shots. But if you weren't getting wet there really wasn't much to do. We we walked back across the street and waited for the bus.

The next stop on the tour was The National Museum of Korea. Where we rushed through to see as much as we could. they had lots of cool historic peices in thier collection. By that time we got a little hungery so we went to the resturant in the museum and had lunch, some shaved ice with red beans and fruit. She said it tastes better if you mix everything up and then eat it and she was right. I thought it tasted better after some of the ice melted and it was a little more soupy. We rushed through the Museum again to finish looking and get on the next bus, which we missed again. So we looked around outside in the Meseum garden till the next bus arrived.

The next stop was Seoul Tower, which was basically 360degree view from the top. With a quick martial art show at the base of the tower. Sorry no pics, it's almost the same type of pic as when I climbed to the top of that moutain in Incheon. The next stop on the tour was Dongdeamun market. when I saw it i fell in love, it reminded of the maxell street fle market (now located on canal). I had to have look around since I recently started going back to the fle market in chicao. I told her i wanted to try a street vender. In films i always see a scene where a character eats at street vender.








we didn't find one that sold fish cakes like i wanted to try but we did find one laday selling food. i grabed a big chicken on a stick which tasted like orange chicken. only more chruncher we also went to Insadong market, i would write more about them but I have other stuff to do now. Also i'm going back to those places today to do some shopping. So i'll talk more about them later.

2 comments:

spacebar1 said...

Hey Chris! You gotta post much more about the hot korean girls!! Where are all the hot pics?? Anyhow, how is life in Korea? Is it as hot as here in Chicago? Did you make friends with any cute korean girls? Let me know if you went to visit the girls on your page. How is the food? Did you decide to teach English? Well, have fun and write me back or write an e-mail once in a while. Have fun!

TheFemGeek said...

Looks like you're having fun. We need to see photos of you in the land man. You got to own it hahahahaha