Friday, July 25, 2008

Korea day 3 : Night life


As it still raining I thought i'd write another blog entery. Before I came to Korea I had written Kimmy lots of e-mails. She had mentioned a few times how she doesn't like the area. When I arrived at 7am I looked as some of the buildings the cab driver had passed. I started to suspect about what kinda of area i'm staying in. The pic above is from the view in my apartment at about 6pm. Last night was friday night so i figured that i'd take a stroll down the street to see what it looks like at night with all the lights.
As I left my apartment this is the first view you get at night from across the street. I thought i should take a pic so that I show people, maybe it was the rain or maybe it was because it was still kinda early (about 10pm) but the streets weren't as crowded as i thought they would be. Maybe i'll go out again tonight to see if there are more people out. As I started to head back I did see a bunch of women going to another club. Most of the clubs had "door men" or guys in button up shirts trying to get people to come in. It was kinda funny because of some them i guess were trying to get me to come in but stopped. As I walked by they opened they mouth as if they were going to call out to me but then as I got closer they didn't say anything. I guess since i'm a foreigner they thought I wouldn't understand and for the most part they were right. But i'm old enought to know what they're doing in front of the building.

I took this pic because the street reminded me of the trailer to one of my Favorite films. In English is called A Dirty Carnival but in Korean it's
비열한 거리 I think becasue it was a small side street, anyway i'll attach the trailer so you would know what i'm talking about. Also the film is realy good and I think Dragon Dynasty has the U.S. rights to it, either way I'm sure you'll be able to find the DVD. Then again maybe i'll attach a link to where you can order it.
A Dirty Carnival (teaser)

http://www.yesasia.com/global/search/a-dirty-carnival/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.a+dirty+carnival-en/results.html

If you keep walking around you see lots of sings like this as well, my Korean is not so good but it reads as Motel "Joo Ja Jang" or "Joo Cha Jang". I don't think it means anything it could just be the Name. There are also lots of resturants and mini marts in the area, if your singing and dancing your going to get pretty hungery. Since I'm not sure how crowded it gets i'm not sure how full these places get. Maybe i'll have another look on Tonight.

No comments: