Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shopping


So much money so many stores but so few banks, there aren't many banks that change money so you have to look around for the ones that have the sing above. I tried to change money yesterday but missed the bank by 5 mins. Banks close at 5pm, I could see peole inside still sitting at their windows but they would change my money. I had to return the next day, this time i was there by 10:30am i had to do some shopping. Which wasn't so bad for me because the store and the bank opend up at the same time at 10am. I actually got there sooner but was turned away. It turns out Korea passed a new law, you need to show your passport in order to change money. I thought it seemed kinda weird, i was in Mexico last month and they didn't ask to see my passport to change money. But these women were making phone calls confirming my stay in Korea. They asked when i arrived and when i was leaving. I asked if there was a problem and the lady in white (kim Seon Ah) replied there wasn't by saying "changie" meaning they were going to change my money. With that I was able to go on my marry way.

For the last week i've been living off of Forsted Flakes (not shown) and Aloe Water. that stuff is awesome. I first had some because of my uncle, he works alot in China town in Chicago. Sometimes they give him stuff. Anyway, i've been living on Tony the Tiger and Aloe Water. I really need to go shopping.

I went to the "Mart" that Kimmy had told me about, i've been there a few times now to buy water and Aloe water.Actualy as much as I love Aloe Water I love drinking anything that has flavor, i get so tired of drinking water and orange juice. so I bought some Lemonade and Strawberry Yogurt (drinkable) i also bought a bag of chips for a snack. I thought it was kinda funny juice, yogurt, water, and chips. They did have some SPAM that was looking mighty tasty. maybe i'll go back tomorrow and pick some up.


Kimmy didn't mention that it was also a department store, i thought it was kinda weird that it was in the basement of a building. they had an escalator that lead up, wondering where it went i found that it was also a department store. She did tell me that the building is closing by the end of August. They are remodeling the building, becasue of that it means that everything must go so everything is on sale. they have some Nike stuff that i'm debateing on getting or not. I can prpbably find that stuff in Chicago. so my main focus was to get whatever I could that said Korea. Also it was a chance to get some cool stuff for gifts instead of cheap souvenirs.


with most of my shopping done i went to another store SHINSEGAE. which is like a Nordstroms, there area is a little "different" across the street there are lots of resturants, bars, video rooms (not what you might think, you rent a room to watch major films like shiri, Dirty Carnival etc.). On the other side of that is another department store called Lotte world angain like Nordstorms. Anway in Shinsegae i was able to find what i really needed Peanut Butter. since i'm not eating a lot of meat and kimmy won't let me cook in the aprartmen I need protien.

There i also able to find some other things that I was looking for DVDs and CDs here's a few of what i picked up so far



with all the running around i did i was getting hungery but with none of my friends around to show me good Korean food I decided to get something I knew i would like

I went to Burger King and got a Double Whooper with cheese hhhmmmmm....
mmmmmeeeeeaaaattttt
the only thing that was disappointing was the small fries and drink that came with it. Come on man I'm American I need large especially if i'm paying eight bucks for the meal.

No comments: