Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Funny Story


One of my Favorite films from Japan is Joze, The Tiger And The Fish (ジョセと虎と魚たち). If you don't like dramas then I don't recommend it. The funny thing at the credits they play a song called HIGHWAY (ハイウェイ) from the group Quruli (くるり). When I heard this song I thougt about buying the soundtrack to get this song. This was before I found out who sang it and what the video looked like; but anyway I was thinking of filming a short film for my production 2 class. What I wanted to shoot was a guy either by himslef or with friends on a drive. With shots of them just sitting in a car, stoping at a place to eat, or sleeping in the car, stuff like that. I was going to use the song as my motavation, and my soundtrack. Then I decided to look for the song on youtube when I finally saw it. My idea for a short film had already been done by the band. So I guess my idea wouldn't be that orginal, here's the video (note: there are two versions of this video, one by the actually band and one used as the music video for the film. this is the one band). I guess I can still shoot it, and just call my film the American remake of it, since that's what Hollywood does anyway.

No comments: