Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Long weekend 25, of May 2007 - 28, of May 2007 pt2



Along with watching movies I also did a bit of shopping one of the things I bought was a new Boston "RED SOX" hat. The main reason I did was because I noticed how a lot of people who use to be my friends like the "Yankees" and now that I'm not friends with those people what would keep them from saying hi to me if they saw me in the streets? Well, if they're really as big fans of the Yankees as they say they are then they should know about the rivalry between the two teams. I guess you can say this is my way of saying "hey we're not friends anymore so don't even say Hi to me", I wonder if they'll get that?

Back to movies another that I saw was SMOKIN' ACES, which I thought was awesome!!!! I remember seeing the trailers for it and that I really wanted to see it. Then when some of the actors started to promote the film on TV shows I heard that it was a comedy then I lost interest and never saw it. It wasn't until recently I saw the Japanese movie trailer for it and it sparked my interest in it again. Well, I saw it and like I just said I thought it was awesome; there's a few things that I would have done differently. For one I would have left out the scenes where the one cop survives the encounter with the "Tremor Brothers" and crawls to the house for help. The scenes with the Kid in a Karate Uniform, talking back to the cop with missing fingers. Also I would have killed off more characters like the ones played by Alicia Keys and Common. I think it would have been better if they died in the film. Other than that I thought it was a good film, lots of action. I love action, plenty of gunfights but I would have like one or two more. I totally recommend this film.


Another I saw this weekend was SPIDERMAN 3, which I heard was getting a lot of mixed reviews. Most people either liked it or hated it. For the most part I liked it but there were parts that I truley hated. Fist of all I can understand that movie writers have to rewrite some of the material for the film. It's just I hate the way they do it; for example if you've read the comic books or know anything about Spiderman History you know that "Gwen Stacy" used to be Peter Parker's girlfriend and that she was killed by the "Green Goblin" which later led to his down fall. Also that "Venom" depending on comic book or second animated series had something to do with either the "Secrect Wars" or attached itself into a space ship that later crashed into earth and.... Anyway, like I said if you read the comic books you know the history. Okay so the things I hated the most was when Peter Parker started dancing in the Jazz club to make MaryJane upset. It reminded me too much of Jim Carrey's The Mask (which is another bad film). Also most of the Film was done in CGI, do they even need actors for that film? I think it would have been done better if they done the whole film in CGI. Take FINAL FANTASY: ADVENT CHILDREN, a great film done in all CGI, way better than any Disney Pixar film made to date. Also most of the acting was pretty bad; James Franco (who I think wants to be compared to James Dean), is usually a good actor (SONNY) did a terriable performance in this film. Also Tobey McGwire acting I think was totaly unbeleiveable. The only acting that I actuallyed liked from him was when he was talking to his "aunt" and how he didn't propose to MJ. Other than those rew minor (or major) details I thought it was an okay film. I really wouldn't recommend it but if you have nothing else to do go ahead.

No comments: